The Elite Theatre Company in Oxnard is thrilled to announce the cast for ANDRONICUS, running in December on the South Stage:
- Sindy L McKay-Swerdlove (Tita)
- Alyssa Carmen (Tamora)
- Ashley Maimes (Lavinia)
- Lindsay Styler (Lucius)
- Theresa Secor (Marcus)
- Susanna R. A. Miller (Saturninus)
- Genesis Perez (Chiron)
- Shelby Dickinson (Demetrius)
- Danna Zoe Ramirez Torres (Young Lucius, Mutius, Ensemble)
- Sharon Reinhold (Aemilius, Nurse, Bassianus, Alarbus, Ensemble)
- Emily Redman Hall (Quintus, Goth 1, Ensemble)
- Sophia Trese (Martius, Goth 2, Messenger, Ensemble)
- Stan McConnell (Aaron)
The play is an interpretation of Shakespeare’s bloodiest tragedy, adapted and directed by Bill Walthall.
Set after an apocalyptic pandemic has wiped out three-quarters of the male populace, this interpretation pits two warrior mothers against one another, locked into an ever-building cycle of revenge and violence, and leading to the inevitable conclusion that vengeance rots us all.
A nine-performance run is scheduled from Friday, December 3 through Sunday, December 19, with Friday and Saturday evening performances at 8pm, Sunday matinees at 2pm, and a special Thursday night show on December 16 at 8pm. NOTE: due to Channel Islands Harbor’s annual Parade of Lights, there is no performance on Saturday, December 11.
Tickets on sale soon!!!