ETC Digital Presents
Youth Playwright Competition
Announcing a new playwright competition embracing the Zoom streaming format! –
We heard you! New extended deadline of July 1st!
The Elite Theatre Company is now accepting submissions for our first ever Youth New Works Playwright Competition – specifically for digital performances. This competition is open to residents of Ventura County 19 and under.
Once the winning play is selected our production team will work with the author to produce this production as the first streaming performance held by The Elite Theatre Company, utilizing our new digital platform.
The winning playwright will work with our production team to produce this work as the first streaming performance held by The Elite Theatre Company, utilizing our new digital platform.
Playwrights may submit their works by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All writers between 12 and 19 years of age are eligible.
- Works must be submitted by midnight July 1st 2020
- Writers must reside in Ventura County.
- Play and intellectual property must be wholly owned and submitted by the writer(s).
- While material should be submitted in generally accepted play format, font, spacing and margin – it is not required.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain (such as a mythology or publications before 1923).
- Plays longer than 100 pages will not be eligible.
- All material must be submitted electronically.
- The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria: (i) originality of story or concept; (ii) voice; (iii) characterization and dialogue; (iv) digital production viability.
Elite Theatre Company or any associate with this contest claims no ownership to any original play submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the material submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.