The Latinx Experience
The Elite Theatre Company is proud to announce its upcoming production of The Latinx Experience: Featuring Journey of the Skeletons, A Dia de los Muertos Story – a play by Dr. Max Branscomb directed by Juliana Acosta. The Experience runs for five weekends, beginning with classes and workshops the weekend of September 9th.
The play will run each weekend beginning on Friday, Sept 16th with a final performance on Saturday, October 8th. Sunday October 9th will be a Dia de los Muertos Community Celebration. Each performance weekend will also feature a variety of Latino Artists from our community, including dancers, poets, storytellers and musicians. Showtimes are Friday and Saturday at 8pm and Sunday at 2pm with a special Thursday performance on October 6th, at 8pm.
Journey of the Skeletons: A Dia de los Muertos Story is a heart-warming comedy that follows a Latino family as they prepare to connect with their loved ones who must pass through the underworld to celebrate Dia de los Muertos. However, as fate would have it our beloved characters encounter challenges on their journey including the Lord of the Underworld herself.
Each performance will also feature a variety of Latino Artists from our community, including dancers, poets, storytellers & musicians. General admission $20; $17 for Students, Military & Seniors. Special group rate of 5 people at $10 per ticket. First weekend workshops led by Mr.G from the Inlakech Cultural Arts Center.
- Sept 9 & 10 at 8pm: Papel Picado & Marigolds Craft Workshops w/ “Mr.G” — FREE
- Sept 11 at 2pm: Sugar Skull Craft Workshop w/ “Mr.G” — FREE
- Sept 16 & 17 at 8pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Sept 18 at 2pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Sept 21, 6:30pm: Sneak Peak at the Camarillo Library — FREE
- Sept 22, 5:30 pm: Grief Workshop in English and Spanish — FREE
- Sept 23 & 24 at 8pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Sept 25 at 2pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Sept 30 & Oct 1 at 8pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Oct 2 at 2pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Oct 6, 7 & 8 at 8pm: Journey of Skeletons and Community Artists
- Oct 9 at 2pm: Dia de Los Muertos Community Celebration — FREE
The Elite Theater Company is located at 2731 Victoria Ave, Oxnard, CA 93035. Adult admission is $20.00 with discounts for Seniors, Students and Military at $17.00. Groups of 5 or more are at $10.00 per person. All proceeds from the Thursday performance will be donated to UNICEF for the children of Ukraine.
2022 at The Elite!
Jan 28 – Feb 13
Picasso at the Lapin Agile
by Steve Martin
directed by Christopher Rubin
March 3 – 13
The Belle of Amherst
by William Luce
directed by Steve Grumette
March 18 – April 3 [South Stage]
A Bench in the Shade
by Ron Clark
directed by Colin Fluxman
April 22 – May 22
by Marsha Norman
directed by Brian Robert Harris
July 8 – August 7
by Kenneth Lonergan
directed by Cate Caplin
September 9 – October 9
The LatinX Experience
directed by Juliana Acosta
October 21 – November 20
The Cover of Life
directed by Patrick Rogers